Andrea of Earth Sense Jewelry isn't only eco-friendly - she's generous, too. She's contributing the beautiful necklace above to the welfare of one of my reader's outfits. The unique metal pendant is upcycled from a previously adored pair of earrings. Blue vintage beads are strung amongst glass and metal beads to a length of 20.5 inches and clasped with a toggle. This necklace will surely gravitate attention its way, whether worn to work or out on the town.
Designing interesting jewelry helps Andrea unwind from her graduate studies. She's working toward a career in wildlife conservation and believes strongly in reducing our footprint. In addition to reusing materials from old accessories, Andrea actually makes her own recycled plastic soda bottle beads. She even colors them using candy wrappers, chip bags, and other similar items that are not recyclable. She makes a good point in her profile, "Who knew that ‘trash’ could look so cool?!" I may think twice about throwing away my next Willy Wonka Domed Dark Chocolate bar wrapper.
How To Enter The Giveaway
Giveaway is open worldwide. I will be pulling a number from my random.org top hat after 11:59pm EST on January 30, 2010, and the corresponding commenter will win! Andrea will contact that lucky soul for a mailing address. If she doesn't hear back from the winner within 3 days, a new number will be drawn.
Mandatory Entry: Hike over to the Earth Sense Jewelry shop then comment on this post with your favorite item and a way to contact you, preferably an email or Etsy shop.
Extra Entries: Don't forget the mandatory comment before moving on to these! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry to count.
1. Like the Earth Sense Jewelry and aquariann Art pages on facebook. Liking both counts for two entries, as long as you leave a separate comment for each.
2. Follow @EarthSenseJewel and @aquariann on twitter. Following us both counts for two entries, as long as you leave a separate comment for each with your own username.
3. Tweet about the giveaway using the one below or a variation of your own. You may do this once a day.
Enter to win an awesomely upcycled necklace by @EarthSenseJewel on @Etsy! #Handmade #giveaway hosted by @aquariann ~ http://bit.ly/gxppmm
4. Follow Andrea's Whispering Green blog for one entry. Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs or your favorite RSS reader for another.
5. Vote for my blog just by clicking Picket Fence Blogs. You may do this once a day.
6. Spread the word! Use the leaf icons below to share this giveaway on Stumble Upon, Technorati, Digg, Del.icio.us, or facebook. Blog about it or copy and paste the button code below to your sidebar! Start a new Promotions thread on the Etsy forums. Whatever you want - I'll honor one entry for every networking website you share it on, just make sure to leave separate comments for each.
Please convo aquariann.etsy.com if you'd like to sponsor a handmade giveaway. Hostess gifts are wildly appreciated, but not required.