The monster covers at Night Lily Design may look cute and cuddly, but they'll protect your books from evil better than a gigantic three-headed dog named Fluffy. Their creator, Kimberly, is giving one away to celebrate the release of the final Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie on July 15. I haven't been to a midnight film screening, but I was working at a bookstore the summer Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was released. It was amazing how many devoted fantasy fans showed up in my sleepy beach town and lined up around the building under the moonlight to get their hands on that book as soon as possible. That was eleven years ago, before the invention of e-Book readers. How fast time flies on griffin wings!
Kimberly offers covers for both mass market paperbacks and eReaders like the Barnes and Noble Nook or Amazon Kindle. Pictured above is Alphonse in all his honeysuckle pink glory, a classic book secured inside by his lip lickin' tongue with a magnetic snap. The winner may choose him or any of his cousins to protect paper pages or electronic bytes, priced $42 and below. Her new laptop monsters are not included in this offer.
Monsters are not the only fantastical creatures that prowl around the Night Lily Design shop. Fairy wings, glow in the dark horns, and butterfly hair clips are just a few of the handmade creations available to accessorize costumes for festivals and masquerades. All of these magical goodies can be purchased for 10% off using Etsy coupon code POTTERFAN10 during checkout before July 31, 2011.
How To Enter The Giveaway
Giveaway is open worldwide to entrants at least 18 years old. I will be pulling a number from my random.org top hat after 12:01am EST on July 15, 2011, and the corresponding commenter will win! Kimberly will contact that lucky soul for a mailing address. If she doesn't hear back from the winner within 3 days, a new number will be drawn.
Mandatory Entry: Creep over to the Night Lily Design Etsy shop then comment on this post with your favorite handmade item and a way to contact you, preferably an email or Etsy shop.
Extra Entries: Don't forget the mandatory comment before moving on to these! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry to count.
1. Like that same item by using the facebook like button on the right sidebar of Kimberly's Etsy listing and leave a comment here with the number of likes to the right of the button.
2. Like this giveaway on facebook by using the like button at the bottom of this post and comment with your profile link. If you have a facebook business page, you may also share it there once a day.
3. Like the Night Lily Design AND aquariann Art pages on facebook. Liking both counts as one extra entry.
4. Follow @NightLilyDesign AND @aquariann on twitter. Following us both counts as one entry, as long as you leave a comment with your own username.
5. Tweet about the giveaway using the one below or a variation of your own. Leave a comment with the link.
#HarryPotter fans will love @NightLilyDesign #giveaway for cute #handmade monster eReader cover, hosted by @aquariann ~ http://bit.ly/jmb9ti
6. Vote for my blog just by clicking Picket Fence Blogs. You may do this once a day.
7. Spread the word! Use the leaf icons at the bottom to share this giveaway on Stumble Upon, Technorati, Digg, or Del.icio.us. I'll honor one entry for every networking website you share it on, just make sure to leave separate comments for each.
8. Reblog my post on tumblr, just leave a separate comment to let me know.
9. Blog about it or copy and paste the button code below to your sidebar!
Please convo aquariann.etsy.com if you'd like to sponsor a handmade giveaway. Item must retail at at least $20. Seller agrees to ship it directly to the winner, anywhere in the world. Hostess gifts are wildly appreciated, but not required.