Unless colorblind, you may have noticed the increase of pink products popping up in your everyday lives. That's because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! The amount of people supporting the cause is amazing. My favorite Mexican restaurant is even offering $2.99 pink margaritas on Mondays, and $1 of each sold benefits the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition. Several crafters also donate to breast cancer research and programs, including all shops in my featured treasury of the week, PINK Charitable Donations.
I leaped at the chance when Denise of Beaded Embellishments offered me the opportunity to spread the importance of routine breast exams for early detection. You may remember when I hosted her Swarovski Crystal Earrings Giveaway last October - she is a registered nurse at a chemotherapy unit so cancer awareness is a huge concern of hers.
She uses her skills as a jewelry artist to help those that have been affected by cancer, and is giving away a piece for free. This pretty pink ribbon bracelet is strung with pink Swarovski pearls, frosted pink glass and silver metal spacer beads. It measures approximately 7.5 inches in length and closes with a silver metal lobster claw clasp.
Giveaway is open worldwide to entrants at least 18 years old. I will be pulling a number from my random.org top hat after 11:59pm EST on October 25, 2011, and the corresponding commenter will win! Denise will contact that lucky soul for a mailing address. If she doesn't hear back from the winner within 3 days, a new number will be drawn.
Mandatory Entry: Visit Susan G. Komen for the Cure's Understanding Breast Cancer page then comment on this post with a fact you learned.
Extra Entries: Don't forget the mandatory comment before moving on to these! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry to count.
2. Enter Denise's other Breast Cancer Awareness Giveaway and comment back here that you did.
3. Add one of Denise's breast cancer awareness accessories to your favorites AND heart her Etsy shop. Leave a comment with your Etsy username.
4. Like that same item by using the facebook like button on the right sidebar of Denise's Etsy listing and leave a comment here with the number of likes to the right of the button OR share it on your business page and include the link when commenting.
5. Like this giveaway on facebook by using the like button at the bottom of this post OR share it on your facebook business page and comment with the link.
6. Like Beaded Embellishments AND aquariann Art pages on facebook for one extra entry.
7. Tweet ONCE about the giveaway using the one below or a variation of your own. Leave a comment with the link.
Enter @aquariann #handmade #giveaway to #win breast cancer awareness bracelet by @BEmbellishments ~ http://bit.ly/nZOuoQ
8. Vote for my blog just by clicking Picket Fence Blogs. You may do this once a day.
9. Spread the word! Give this post a + 1 on Google or pin it to Pinterest. Click to share this giveaway on Stumble Upon, Technorati, Digg, or Del.icio.us. I'll honor one entry for every networking website you share it on, just make sure to leave separate comments for each.
10. Reblog my post on tumblr, just leave a separate comment to let me know.
11. Blog about it or copy and paste the button code below to your sidebar!
Please convo aquariann.etsy.com if you'd like to sponsor a handmade giveaway. Item must retail at at least $20. Seller agrees to ship it directly to the winner, anywhere in the world. Hostess gifts are wildly appreciated, but not required.