You would not believe how many patterned tights I have snagged or stabbed holes into by trying to contort the delicate nylon over my curves. Thank the fashion goddesses for Renae of Mademoiselle Mermaid - her modern leg warmer designs have improved upon the trend from the 80's and kicked them back into style. They're a much more comfortable way to decorate your legs than with pantyhose. The black and white striped leg warmers above are custom made to order, so one winner will get a pair crocheted to their very measurements. Although these leg warmers would look super sexy with a Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland costume, they can also add whimsy to everyday outfits.
Renae creates fabulous clothes and accessories that will light up a room, just like she does. I met Renae freshman year of college and we became fast friends - she was as outgoing as I was shy. The memories of our adventures together still makes me smile, sometimes even giggle uncontrollably. We live clear across the country from each other now, but I still get to see her beautiful face often. She models her own creations so I glimpse her in treasuries all the time. According to Craft Cult, she's been featured on Etsy's front page 36 times!
Giveaway is open worldwide to entrants at least 18 years old. I will be pulling a number from my random.org top hat after 11:59pm EST on October 31, 2011, and the corresponding commenter will win! Renae will contact that lucky soul for a mailing address and measurements. If she doesn't hear back from the winner within 3 days, a new number will be drawn.
Mandatory Entry: Swim around Mademoiselle Mermaid Etsy shop then comment on this post with your favorite handmade item and a way to contact you, preferably an email or Etsy shop.
Extra Entries: Don't forget the mandatory comment before moving on to these! Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry to count.
1. Like that same item by using the facebook like button on the right sidebar of Renae's Etsy listing and leave a comment here with the number of likes to the right of the button OR share it on your business page and include the link when commenting.
2. Add that same item to your favorites AND heart her shop. Leave a comment with your Etsy username.
3. Buy anything from her Etsy shop or Mademoiselle Mermaid website. Leave a separate comment for every $5 spent.
4. Like this giveaway on facebook by using the like button at the bottom of this post OR share it on your facebook business page and comment with the link.
5. Like Mademoiselle Mermaid AND aquariann Art pages on facebook for one extra entry.
6. Follow Renae's Mademoiselle Mermaid blog AND my blog on Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs or your favorite RSS reader for one extra entry.
7. Follow Renae AND aquariann on twitter.
8. Tweet ONCE about the giveaway using the one below or a variation of your own. Leave a comment with the link.
Enter @aquariann #handmade #giveaway to #win whimsical black and white striped legwarmers by @MissMermaid ~ http://bit.ly/oCj3gp
9. Vote for my blog just by clicking Picket Fence Blogs. You may do this once a day.
10. Spread the word! Give this post a + 1 on Google or pin it to Pinterest. Click to share this giveaway on Stumble Upon, Technorati, Digg, or Del.icio.us. I'll honor one entry for every networking website you share it on, just make sure to leave separate comments for each.
11. Reblog my post on tumblr, just leave a separate comment to let me know.
12. Blog about it or copy and paste the button code below to your sidebar!
Please convo aquariann.etsy.com if you'd like to sponsor a handmade giveaway. Item must retail at at least $20. Seller agrees to ship it directly to the winner, anywhere in the world. Hostess gifts are wildly appreciated, but not required.